Arabian Nights = family fun!

When my mother-in-law was here, I was looking for things to do that we could do with her, which would be fun for the whole family and not break the bank. While she may think we are made of money, my pocket account knows otherwi9se, so I was determined to seek out the biggest bang for my buck, while keeping everyone from age 1 to age 10 happy. Not an easy thing to do!

I had driven past the sign to Arabian Nights dinner show many times, and something in me decided to give them a look on line. Their website promised a fabulous dinner, and a thrilling show. It was enough to intrigue me! The prices ($30.00 - $50.00) was within my budget for a nights entertainment, so I thought "Hey! Lets give this a shot!"


We went for the VIP tickets which got us each a drink (beer/wine for the grown ups, and a much more tame soda for the kids) before the show while we waited in the VIP area. There was a great stage out front with acrobats performing to help pass the time, and it really kept all the kids happy. Then our VIP tickets got us down on the arena floor before the performance, where some of the staff members told us about each breed of horse used in the show, and other staff members brought the horses out. After the little "show and tell" of horses, they let us roam the arena floor and go up to each of the horses. We got to pet them, ask the handlers questions, and the kids even got to sit on one of the horses. Izzy was totally mesmerized by the horses. I have to tell you, this was my favorite part of the night! I kind of thought that Izzy would be my only issue with going to a dinner show. But he was so taken with the horses, that there was none of the usual baby "I have sat here long enough and I am not going to sit here any more" antics!



After the VIP part, we went up to our seat for dinner. Seating is long bench style stadium seating, so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I can see how if you had a bad back, the lack of a seat back could be bothersome, but it didn't bother any of us at all. Dinner was not fabulous, but it was quite tasty, and the portions were good sized. Desert was very yummy, and it was great that they gave us plenty of food to feed the baby as well as ourselves.

But we didn't go for the food, we went to see the show. It was spectacular. When I call it mesmerizing, I truly mean that every one of us could not take our eyes off the horses and their riders. The tricks were amazing! Bare back riding! Acrobatics! Jumping through fire hoops! All of it was just breathtaking. I can only imagine the thrill the riders must feel being able to control such magnificent animals. Truly, it made me want to take up horse back riding!

All in all - it was a great show, and I can't wait to take my parents and grandparents when they come this winter.

**I have to admit, this is not my picture. My camera acted up so none of my pictures turned out as I had hoped they would. I freely admit to borrowing this one off the website. **




1 comments:

Chickie said...

Oh, wow. I didn't know they put on such a show. I'd just assumed it was just jousting or something.

Post a Comment