I wish I could have gotten out of there sooner!

Continuing in my "Let me tell you about where I've been" line of postings, I would like to tell you about Wishes Brew tea house in Hunters Creek.

I found Wishes Brew on line before I even moved to Florida, so I was very excited to go and have a cup of tea. I am a tea lover, and love to sit down with a hot cup of fragrant tea. The whole tea experience tends to be calming and spiritual to me.

I thought it would a fun experience for grandma, daughter-in-law, and grand daughter to go and have afternoon tea together. When we arrived, we ordered our tea and some food. My mother in law chose to have a chicken salad a croissant, I chose the turkey and cheddar sandwish (yes, they call them sandWISHES, which I thought was a cute play on the name) and my daughter got the kids pizza. Because it was so unbelievable hot that day, my mother in law and I ordered our tea in iced tea form, while my daughter got the hot chocolate. That's Kaitlyn for you - gotta be different!

When the brought our drinks... one at a time... 20 minutes after we ordered them, the brought us hot tea. My mother in law sent hers back, but I elected to not fuss with it and just kept mine hot. The teas were very good, and so was the hot chocolate. I have zero complaints about the tea portion of our time there what so ever.

The service how ever left a lot to be desired. Just like the drinks, none of our food was delivered at the same time. There was at least 5 minutes between each of our plates arriving. My mother in law did not get the croissant she ordered with her salad, until her salad was almost gone. And yes, she reminded the server... TWICE. After delivering my mother in law her salad, they then told me that thy did not have any turkey. I said ham was fine, and my sandwish was good, but certainly nothing that I couldn't have made for myself at home, for far less expense. My daughter's pizza was just a simple frozen pizza that had been stuck in the microwave and warmed up. And it appeared to be as tasty as it sounds.

Twenty minutes after we had finished eating, and had sat there with dirty dishes in front of us, I asked our server for the bill.

and waited

and waited

and waited

Thirty minutes later, I asked again.

and waited

and waited

and waited

Finally I asked another person for my bill, and told him that if I didn't have in 5 minutes I was walking out with out paying. And presto! My bill appeared. I did not tip them at all, and I was sure to write on the receipt that the service was terrible, and took nearly 45 minutes after the 1st time I asked for my bill for it to be delivered, so that management was sure to know.

So, the tea list was amazing; the tea was marvelous; the decor was warm and friendly; and the food was acceptable. However, no matter how much I enjoyed the tea and would like to try some of their other flavors of tea, I will not return simply because the service was atrocious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment