Huggies

I got my 1st real put two arms around my neck and squeeze hug from Izzy today. It thrilled me to my very toes that his sweet little baby arms were giving me love.

It is also sad, because I don't remember my 1st baby hugs from the big 3. Now granted, they are so much older than Izzy and time has passed; those little things get swept from your memories.

A friend asked me the other day how was it different now, being a mom of a baby in my 30's, as opposed to being a mom in my 20's. It is so much different. The 1st time around I was young and inexperienced. I was still learning who I was, and suddenly I had to learn who I was WITH children. I may have had more energy in my 20's, but I have so much more wisdom in my 30's. I am a completely different person, and have a much more relaxed approach to parenting than I did then.

The neat thing about there being 8 years between babies, it is like being a new mom all over again, with out the pressure, worry, and anxiety of being a new mom. Enough time has passed that the firsts are all new and exciting again.

I may not have planned Izzy, but I would never change having him for the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment