Ya know, as a family...

Tyler is all about the food. He's forever planning his next meal. He could be eating lunch, and he's already thinking about dinner. What can I say - the boy is a teen! (on a side note... & Palmer wonders why our grocery bill is going up? Really? Does he not realize the kid has grown 3 inches this year?)

Tyler constantly suggests that we go out to eat "as a family". I think he believes if he phrases his request as though he really wants to spend quality time with his family then we just can't resist. Somehow, I am supposed to believe that even though he was just fighting like cats and dogs with his sister, he really would like to break bread with her. Riiiiight. And it has nothing to do with the TGIFridays commercial he just watched.

But on the plus side, since he is always starving, he is interested in all aspects of food. It has been a wonderful chance to teach him how to plan meals, grocery shop on a budget, and cook. Oh, yes, the cooking! If I so much as rattle a pan, he pops his shaggy head into the kitchen and asks if he can help. This week alone I have taught him how to make biscuits, pound cake, and beef burgundy. I am proud to say that his cooking lessons have stuck with him. Last summer, when he spent some time with his Grandma and Papa, he wanted to make them a meal. So he went to the store, planned all his purchases (Grandma footed the bill of course) and made them dinner. He didn't take the easy road and make them hot dogs either. Nope my sweet boy made Pasta Carbonara with basil.

That's MY boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I adopt him? Or, I don't know, clone him?

Dayle Winnifred said...

There are times that I would consider loaning him out... sort of like a kiddy time share!

Stella said...

Reminds me of Julien. That is Julien's ultimate plan, to open a restaurant and microbrewery. The kid makes some of the best pasta sauce on the planet and he just made a huge batch of chile verde yesterday. Sooo good!

And yeah, the grocery bill. ugh. Although, I've been lucky because since his surgery and subsequent GI issues Julien can't eat like the horse he used to.

Chickie said...

Sometimes I think the boys accidentally eat the boxes that their snacks come in.

Post a Comment